Occupy Queen St.

I can't believe I'm going to write about this. This isn't the kind of things I'd write about (usually I'll just rant about it to my friends), I know, but bear with me just once, okay?


So I was walking to get dinner and I saw this poster.
Okay not exactly THIS poster, but these are the details.

First, I gotta say I support the occupation of Wall Street. I know the objectives, and I'm all for it. But THIS? This is too much. Here are my points:

  1. I think sometimes New Zealanders protest with no specific goals. Instead it's more like jumping on to the bandwagon. Like, the slut walk for example. Some countries did it, and suddenly everybody in NZ were like 'oh let's do it too. Let's dress slutty on the streets' and not knowing what are they doing. I totally understand how they sometimes want to support other parts of the world, but coming up with 'problems' on your own isn't really smart, especially when you actually have not that much problem, and COME ON you live in a pretty blessed realm. You wanna talk about cheap labor? Go to Malaysia and try to work at a fast food chain there.
  2. Do these people even know what are they protesting for? I read the event description, and quoted from it, "WHAT DO WE WANT? YOU tell us" so personally I think it's like they're throwing in all their problems. A little bit of recession issues, refugee, oil spill, climate change, war, and some Maori issues. What the hell was that? And trust me, good protests always have CLEAR, SPECIFIC goals and alternatives. I'm picturing this would be yet another of "WHAT DO WE WANT? A CHANGE!" Of what? Really?
  3. Capitalism isn't pretty, but stop being such a hippie. If corporations aren't allowed to make money, how are incomes being generated?
  4. Queen St. is gonna be flooded with people on that day, so.. seriously? RWC isn't a hassle enough to the city's traffic?
  5. Eyes of the world are on Auckland that time. Get off the streets, will you?
I know I'm not a New Zealander and I probably have no rights to say this but I have to say this: Better timing next time. And please think through before creating this event.

//UPDATE
I found this on the internet:
so much respect for this person. Rather than you go protesting about basically everything, why don't you start take responsibilities over your own decisions?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The List.

50. ini entri untuk kau

29. Nikmat dunia