Movie Rant: Mission Impossible 4: Ghost Protocol

Today we (and by we I mean me and my brother and sister, on the ground of 'spending quality time as siblings') finally got the time to go and see Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol. Well we were never fans of Tom Cruise or any Mission Impossible; it's always Dad. But we decided to give it a shot anyway. 




Well, over all, we weren't bored of the movie. It was entertaining. Not what I'd say good (to be fair, probably because I haven't really seen the first three movies), but yeah it was alright. But as sick as I am of Malaysia's ever-repeating cycles and genres of movies; going back and forth from slapstick comedy to really cheesy/corny romance, then to rempit and horror movies or combination of any of the above-accompanied by bad cinematography, bad dubbing (exception probably on all late Yasmin Ahmad's movies) and overly exaggerated collection of profits; I am also sick of Hollywood's overgeneralization and stereotyping. Conflicts MUST take place in Russia, and MUST involve nuclear weapon. Or bad drug dealing in Mexico. Assassins of the great ones must be pretty and doll-like, NOTHING like an assassin, and making new friends from the same country abroad is REALLY easy. 


ALL THOSE ARE LIES. (and don't make me start on how big, speeding cars are still practical in packed, busy cities like Mumbai, Tokyo, Hong Kong, or even Italy)


And to be honest, I was really excited to see Anil Kapoor on Mission Impossible. I mean this is a multi-million franchise, that's a REALLY big step for someone whom I adored when I was a kid. But I was REALLY disappointed. His appearance was rather comical, seemed normal to everyone. But for somebody THAT huge, to be displayed as the only comic when EVERYBODY else play rather important and serious roles (even the smallest roles like the body guard), I deem it as a tad insulting (I choose not to elaborate further on this, you do).

Over all, I enjoyed the minutes I spent in the hall. As usual, a lot of jumpy moments. Big fancy cars, yada yada. Wasn't a bad movie, but not something I'd watch again (of course, except if Naim wants to see it. And of course, if he's willing to hear my rant after).




p.s: I was so excited to see Michelle Monaghan the final few seconds.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The List.

50. ini entri untuk kau

29. Nikmat dunia