6. Hey Hawa, how's New Zealand?

Okay we're getting serious now. 

Almost everyone from my life back there has been asking me the same question; how's New Zealand? Well to begin with, I am not so much of a judgmental person. Yup, I don't have first impressions, and that's why I always keep my mouth shut whenever people ask me of my first impressions.

But I know something better over time. And the way I see things, most of the times are half-full. I said MOST of the times. But I see myself half-empty most of the times. I think I'm clueless about myself (I still am), some other people think I've got my whole life figured out (??). I think I don't do good enough every time, somebody else tell me I'm a matured girl because I know what's good and not for me. WHA?

THIS is an attempt to distract y'all. And it's not from Google. 
Back to the question. How's New Zealand? You see. Some of my friends see New Zealand as half-empty. Some don't like the idea of having a noisy white neighbor, some despise having to hear girls' moaning every night (it doesn't happen every night, BTW, in my residence). Some even think that they were being stereotyped as terrorists by the whites. But try to think of the last case. Wouldn't that be US stereotyping and over-generalizing the whites? What if they have NEVER thought of us as terrorists? What if they simply don't talk to us because we make The Look whenever we see them? What if they don't even care if we're Muslims or not, wearing tudung or not? Why do we even have to think that they're stereotyping us?

To me, being here is almost everything I could ever ask for. Friendly people (although I suppose not everyone is friendly, but hey, let's be honest, some of them are really nice), nice scenery, awesome weather (I will not lie, I don't like the fact that it dried up my lips and skin, but I still love the weather), and so many other things! 

okay this is not Auckland CBD. Hehh.

One of the reasons why I like KL is because I can walk (YES JUST WALK) to wherever I want to. Although, I don't really do that. Haha. And, here, I have to walk to practically everywhere, till the point where I actually feared the idea of driving in Auckland CBD! And here, everywhere I go, I don't get bumped into by rude people who don't even bother to say sorry. And whenever I am going through a door, people before me would always hold it for me. How nice is that? 'Please', 'thank you' and 'how are you' are very common here, and people don't mock me when I say 'excuse me' anymore (you know, back in Malaysia I always get mocked by jerks whenever I say 'excuse me'. You know, the thing they always say when somebody say excuse me? Yeah they said 'kiss me'. Happened to me all the time when I'm in Malaysia. Ask my sister).

Food? Food! Let's talk about food! No you know what, let's skip the whole food thing, because I don't each much types of food, and that wouldn't help you with anything. 

Let's talk fashion. Okay you know whenever you're gonna start shopping for clothes before going overseas people will always say 'Jangan beli kat sini, beli kat sana nanti, lagi murah and banyak pilihan'. Well guess what? They LIED. Okay not entirely. But I'll put it in another way. If you're shopping for baju before going overseas, and you find something that you think is gorgeous, JUST BUY IT. Seriously. Like me, I regret not buying that ZARA bag and some merinos I found in Pavilion. Or, that Topshop dress and flat and jacket that I really liked in JJ Tebrau and Pavilion. Or that necklace I found in Nichii (I found a similar but uglier here, for freaking $40 when it's only RM19.90 in Malaysia dang it)!!! Or, that pair of trainers of Adidas. Remember, beau? The RM300 one? It's almost $200 here and it's more expensive in my sight (because it's hundreds of NZD). Oh, don't make me even start on the gorgeous boots and sandals in Malaysia!!! And when I'm in here, sure, Cotton On, Roxy, Billabong, Glassons, Sapro is a whole lot cheaper here. But DANG IT NO ZARA NO TOPSHOP NO MNG UGHHHHH. Okay I never really liked MNG but I just have to say it to make a point. Haha. And now, everyone is wearing almost the same merino, almost the same trench coat (GOD WHY DIDN'T I BUY THAT TRENCH COAT adgksaeydbakdewua), almost the same dress, almost the same everything. Oh, regrets! So, in other words, if you like something in Malaysia, do not even hesitate. JUST BUY. If you have the money.

Okay I've rambled too much I doubt anyone's reading this. Bye!

Comments

BeMiE said…
kalau nak brg paper dr KL leh kirim kt BeMie.. hehehe no regret.. keke

Popular posts from this blog

The List.

50. ini entri untuk kau

29. Nikmat dunia