Famous blogger/facebooker/twitter? READ THIS.
Disclaimer
Call me old-fashioned, or lame if you please, but I don't really get the hype of "getting famous in the virtual world". Some feels the need to whore themselves out so that they'd be known. Some has the urge to act like they are some kind of a big shot in this unreal, man-made world so others can be fooled and I don't know, respect them more probably (seriously, you are fooling nobody but yourself). Some even feels like the whole world knows them.
What's the point?
I don't want uncountable fans, followers, or "Facebook friends". I'd love some real friends, in addition to my own. Or probably for you readers to know me as me. I'm almost transparent here, hello.
1. NO, I didn't mean lay out your sins for the world to see. Just be smart, use that God-given brain to draw the line.
No, this part of the post wouldn't take half a page like in your textbook. What I have got to say after this might offend some people I know and don't, but it is not exactly my intention. So before anything, I would like to apologize.
The Thing.
Call me old-fashioned, or lame if you please, but I don't really get the hype of "getting famous in the virtual world". Some feels the need to whore themselves out so that they'd be known. Some has the urge to act like they are some kind of a big shot in this unreal, man-made world so others can be fooled and I don't know, respect them more probably (seriously, you are fooling nobody but yourself). Some even feels like the whole world knows them.
What's the point?
What's so great about having thousands followers on your blog or twitter account, if you still think that "Twitter" changed the meaning of "twit" and people who 'follows' your blog actually followed hundreds more blogs that claimed themselves as "famous" and ended up not reading your blog anyway? What's so fabulous about having more than a thousand friends on Facebook with more than 20 likes per status when in the middle of the night in a nowhere your car breaks down and all that's available for you is the AA? What's the point in having all that, you soaking in the fake fame and showering with the pretentious comments?
I'm not saying this because I'm "jealous" or "annoyed" that I don't have much followers, or nobody views my vlogs or whatever. I don't even care. I'm just saying this because, well, seriously I don't get it. And please, I don't want to be known, I just want to be read and understood. I don't want to have 5745 followers (I just hit random numbers by the way, not referring to anyone) but only 60 *actually* reads my post and comment about it, without expecting a "followback" or asking me to come visit their blog (because I will do so willingly, if something they said in the comment section impressed me). For God's sake, I've had people I don't know telling me they read my blog, they follow me on twitter, in real life. But every time they do, I never think of myself as "famous". I'd always go "eleh baru sorang dua baca" (okay this is not a 'budget best' statement, and I know it sounds like I'm bragging, but no, I'm just trying to make a point here).
You see, I bet not even half of my followers would read beyond the first paragraph after "The Thing", let alone to get to this point. And I know my friends read this, but they don't have to follow me, they won't even tell me they read this, and I'll not ask them to. Because when they read this, they'll understand what kind of person I am. And that's my aim.
I told you much earlier, I am obnoxious. And most of the times I want to be right (especially grammatically, and that'd be "correct", not "right", by the way) (although I am not always, and I know that). But actually I am more than that. And telling you about what I do, where I go everyday wouldn't tell you much about what kind of a person that I am. I can go "oh today I went to the beach. I like the cute guys hanging out there, and the beach is so pretty" and be monotonous/bimbo the whole time, and all you see is a 23-acting-17 years old (probably blonde) girl, innocent and everything because "on blog I sounded nice" but in real world I backstab my friends, I cheated in exam and everything. I DON'T WANT THAT.1.
And whoring myself out is so not my thing. Because first, I know I'm not pretty. And there's like thousands of other pretty girls dying to show off their pretty faces, so I'll just leave that job to them. When at rare times I post pictures of me camwhoring, it's either a) I'm high on sugar b) I just want to annoy you/my friends. Yes that's all. And I also don't get all the contests "to get to know my followers better" or whatever lying crap they put out there when for all I know, God, we are all vain, so most probably it's just to check how many "fans" they have or whatever.
Conclusion
I don't want uncountable fans, followers, or "Facebook friends". I'd love some real friends, in addition to my own. Or probably for you readers to know me as me. I'm almost transparent here, hello.
1. NO, I didn't mean lay out your sins for the world to see. Just be smart, use that God-given brain to draw the line.
p.s: YES I USED HIGHLIGHTERS TO MAKE YOU READ THE POST LOL.
Comments
2nd, i loved every inch of it and i so totally get what u mean. i gotta admit i used to count how many friends i had back when myspace was the in thing but now i'm ashamed of the silly teenage mind i had back then. i'm against the 'follow me and i'll follow you back' trend ppl are getting at nowadays and i often hate blog contests simply because they state "follow my blog" as 1 of the terms and conditions for participating.
no.3, THANK U SO MUCH FOR THIS POST! i baca pon i rasa puas hati, like saying "amek kau!" for some reason. HAHA! keep writing ;D