I'll miss you with all my heart.

You know the feeling of being a part of history?

It's indescribable.

Knowing that in 15 years, you stand before the young kids and tell them "I was there. I witnessed it all, these eyes saw it all" is going to be wondrous, especially if it's the good kind of history, the kind that won't make you cringe recalling it.

The opening ceremony of Rugby World Cup was amazing, it touched me to the bottom. If you have not seen it, here are the videos with commentaries:




Truthfully, I was never into sports. I mean I like sports in general, but I never follow any. And if there's any world events like Olympics or sorts, I'll just watch the opening and/or closing ceremony. So when I was given the chance to be involved in the opening ceremony, I knew it was a chance I should never miss. 

It was a totally new experience to me, working with dae, the company that made everything happen (there are only three or four like companies in the world). I met new people (who I might or might not see ever again) who were experts in what they do (seriously I feel weird being in a world of cool geeks like them) and I learned a lot.

Standing there, at the gate during the ceremony was an experience I will never forget. The rush I had, the feeling I got when the crowd cheered or stunned in awe, it was all beyond amazing. That (almost) last task I had was to make sure the audio packs were good for Ria Hall and Evander (lead singers), sounds super simple, but what I got was too overwhelming to be described.

 Sam
 Due to the far-tighter security on the game day, we had to wear this tag.
Will. Sorry we were being silly.

I wasn't there when Auckland was filled with (possible) ten thousands of people in addition to the 1 million it had, I wasn't there when Auckland sky was lit with the wondrous fireworks, I didn't take pictures of the event, but I was at Eden Park when that all happened. I witnessed the crowd counting down to the opening ceremony, I saw the crowd making loose eight to the anthem "World in Union", I was there to see Ethan being lifted and when he put the 'ball' on the ground for Christchurch, and when Jonah Lomu led him to the cup. I was even there to see Seth being as awesome as he is.

I was there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The List.

50. ini entri untuk kau

29. Nikmat dunia