Coincidence.

In my foundation year, I went back at least twice a month. By bus. During my high school years, I sometimes took buses too to go home, but most of the times my dad would come and bring me home. But not in my foundation year. I was, quoted from my dad "no longer an adolescent" therefore taking a bus home (supposedly) would convince my dad that I am an adult.


During my high school years, taking the bus was easy, because I practically knew most faces on the bus, they gotta be the kids from my school too. But when I got into college, I knew basically no one. So everytime I got on board, I would pray that I would see someone I know and I could talk to.


Then I saw him. On the bus. The same bus I was taking home. He, he put his bag in the overhead compartment a few rows before mine, but sat a few more rows before that. I was speechless. My prayer was answered, but he was the last person I expected to see. He truly was (lie. Deep down that time I prayed it was him, so we could make up). My hand was shaking. I contemplated whether I should text him to confirm that I wasn't hallucinating or to keep quiet and only say hi when we got to the last stop, that is if he saw me. But I, in the end, decided to text him.


It started with me asking him how he was doing, sorry for not texting him for such a long time, was he on holiday, and finally, where was he. And when he said he's in a bus, on his way home, I replied "yeah. I saw you". He turned around and looked for me. I chuckled nervously, then he saw me. He made his way and sat next to me.


I guess I didn't regret that moment. I didn't regret initiating the conversation. I don't miss him, but I still remember that. That thing. That feeling. That adrenaline rush. Ah. We've had our time. 


Now, believe in God. Kalau Tuhan dah kata bukan jodoh... He has better plans for us. Alhamdulillah.


:)

Comments

adey manis said…
? did i miss something?
hawanasir said…
no no no, you missed nothing syg :D
Aqilah Amin said…
:) i love this kind of feeling, especially the part when we do know - He has better plans for us.
hawanasir said…
bila kita dah nampak His better plans for us, baru nk bersyukur things happened kan..haha

Popular posts from this blog

The List.

50. ini entri untuk kau

29. Nikmat dunia