Flip out

I was feeling horrible when he called me. I've got so many things on my mind that time. But half an hour after, I feel much better.


I told him how I was freaking out that at the age of 22, I don't seem to get my life figured out. Like, a couple of my friends are almost finished with their Masters and here I am, still struggling to finish my degree, which I didn't even choose to take in the first place. Him? He started a year later than me, and he's already been working for, guess what, ONE YEAR. He's getting his own car soon, and he's moved out from his parents'. While here I am, next year living in a hostel, still depending on my dad's car to go to school (I'm paying the monthly installment though, so shut up), and not deciding what to do.


You know what was his response when I told him all these?


"I kan pindah untuk you sayang. I buat semua ni untuk you. I nak ahead dari you supaya I boleh tanggung you"


Makes sense now.


I told him I haven't got my life figured out. When he asked, "like, in what aspect?" I answered life in general, like what to do post graduation. And I told him not to tell me I don't have any options but to teach (like my sister did), because I DO have some other options. I just need to choose. And he said;


"Yes b, awak ada pilihan lain. Orang nampak fact tu. I hate to tell you this tapi awak perlu buat apa yang awak perlu buat sebelum err awak nak buat apa yang awak rasa awak perlu buat, ok?"

HAHA THAT doesn't make sense!



I finally laughed, and he said "Yes sayang, laugh la. Now ni baru la Hawa. Come on, you don't have to cry now do you?" :)


One of the reasons why he is the best is that although he knows what I think/say are necessary most of the times, he actually listens to me. One time a friend asked me if anyone EVER actually listens to me (because I talk a tad too much, and I was telling him about my favorite poem), and I was happy that I could proudly told him that Naim actually does. It's true, when he was here I sorta spent about half an hour ranting on the whole Occupy movement, when he had no idea what was it. When I said "you reminded me of a poem I like" he asked me to read him that poem. (note: HE DOESN'T LIKE READING. Like, if I tell him I wanna hang out at a book store he'll try his hardest NOT to spend so much time there. Haha). I don't know how I got such an awesome guy.

On another note, I have been watching videos of Alexa and Eliana, and I can't help but to wonder how am I gonna teach my kids to behave. And suddenly his cousin tweeted me;


(Along's his nickname at home)

But in all honesty, if my children were to turn out to be just like him, I can't be more proud. Because I know they'll be great people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The List.

50. ini entri untuk kau

29. Nikmat dunia