Homecoming

Wow, home again. 


At first I was really, really nervous. IDK, it seems to be reversed for me; I didn't get nervous/excited at all when I first went to Auckland, but I was REALLY nervous on my flight home. But despite the failure of in-flight entertainment in my 11-hours flight, everything was good. I sat next to Nisya and Timai, the most lovely girls. We competed (subconsciously) of who can sleep in most positions HAHA. 


My three siblings and my dad waited for me at the airport. Their first response? Of course "BESARNYA KAU SEKARANG". And since they're my siblings, my answer was simple. "Sorry baby no souvenirs for you". HAHA of course I was kidding. My older sister, being her, tells me "Cantiknya baju ko we.. Bagi akak~!" every single time. I'm used to that by now. 


They brought me to Selera 7 for breakfast, and of course, I got myself some sweeeeetttttt Nasi Lemak with Sambal Sotong and fried chicken on sides, with Air Laici. Hikhik. Then dad bought lunch (since mom's only gonna be home late afternoon). But little did we know, my granny and her two children came over and made MORE lunch. Then I went to see Naim to give him his stuffs, he gave me my bag back, and we grabbed quick dinner before he went off to work.


So, my Malaysian checklist so far:



  1. Sleeping and waking up at NZ time - CHECKED
  2. Fixing lunch for the family - CHECKED
  3. Eat all sorts of food `till my stomach hurts - CHECKED
  4. Being reminded that I'm a Malaysian - OH CHECKED
  5. Being reminded that I'm no longer in New Zealand - CHECKED. Naim is a mean friend!
  6. Movies - going today.
  7. Good food (Garden, Bubba Gump, Belanga, etc) - today
  8. Fast food - not yet
  9. Seeing the baby cousins - played with one yesterday, another one to go
  10. Complaining about the internet - CHECKED, in my head.
  11. Drive around - CHECKED. With expired license lagi!
  12. Jetlag - CHECKED. Slept at 11 (my usual 4am NZ sleeping time) and woke up at 4 not knowing what to do. But I'm making them breakfast now.
I'll update the list later. Mom's up. And I'm using her computer because my battery ran out and I can't take my power cable from the room because sis' gonna be yelling T_T

Comments

Misz B said…
being reminded that i'm a malaysian? checked too! izza reminded me. oh well. i was okay speaking in malay but whenever i go to shops, kuar english bley. like seriously. my malay for ordering and buying stuff sounds weird.
hawanasir said…
HAHA so glad to know I wasn't the only one. I was scared that people (that includes Naim) would think that I'm so 'berlagak' that I can't order in my own mothertongue, but thank God Naim understands. Too bad everybody else don't.

Popular posts from this blog

The List.

50. ini entri untuk kau

29. Nikmat dunia