122; what do you think your parents think of you?

When I get married, I don't want big weddings. I don't want big houses (as a matter of fact, I'm looking for a house for below RM300k. Call me cheapskate, but not all that glitters is gold). I might have said I wanted a Honda City (haha), but truly, I can settle with anything, even a MyVi. I might have ALSO said I wanted a side-to-side fridge and front-load washing machine and a dishwasher (haha baby I'm kidding about the dishwasher :P), but frankly, a normal fridge is fine. A top loader is good. I don't want a 50" plasma TV. LCD is good enough :P But yeah, an iMac and Wii is still in my plan alright.


But why suddenly?


Because today I have decided, that when I get married and have my own family, I won't spend much on things. I just want to save up as much money as I could, so that my future children (note the plurality) can go further their studies overseas. Not like I'm saying that studying local is not good at all, as a matter of fact, I am one of those people who wished they could've studied local. It's just that when you're here, you see the world-you see HOME-in a different perspective. And this experience is just expensive (yes ambiguous, but I really meant both). It's soothing here, but it's good to be home, especially when you see it in a fresh view.


And of course, I wouldn't have enough money to support all my children to study overseas, so they would have to apply for some scholarship or financial support. Plus, they'd appreciate it more if they learn the hardship of being sponsored by some agencies *cough*JPA*cough*. So the money I was/am/will be saving up is just to back them up. And by God, I swear that studying in a big city (without your family- parents, especially) is NOT cheap. I can never survive if I'm not under some sponsorship. So yeah.


And I can never explain why studying here is good (I didn't say MUCH BETTER) because I never went to a public uni in Malaysia, but yeah. There are some advantages.


To be honest, there were some points of my life that I feel like not going to let my children study abroad, because I've had the conscience you have when you'd have to ask your parents for financial aid. But I took a step back, and saw it from the other side. And now I've seen it, I know how my parents felt. Who cares of what people think of my children (who might be studying overseas) when they ask for some financial aid? I wanted them to have the best education. I wanted them to see the world differently. I want them to, you know, live. So I'll give the damned money and stand for my children, as long as they study.


I don't know, I'm not making sense. I've never thought of having children, but now I'm thinking of sending them abroad.


Comments

Wonder Woman said…
being away from home makes you appreciate it much more. just like how you realize something only when you've lost it (but in this case takdelah sampai hilang rumah kan haha). and yup, it's a priceless experience and feeling. *walaupun i'm not-so-abroad but yeah* :D
hawanasir said…
right? well to be honest i felt glad i left home. maybe sebab banyak sgt domestic conflicts, but yeah the way i see it, i see home, the country, in a bigger picture. so yeah ((:

and you pun abroad okay (:

Popular posts from this blog

The List.

50. ini entri untuk kau

29. Nikmat dunia