141; I went from good to bad.
Where do I even begin?
I planned on a surprise homecoming. Not a surprise leaving, apparently. It took me days to finish packing because the thought of leaving was (is) too hard for me to handle. On the day itself, Till, Sayuri and Bill came to the room to bid adieu. I told Bill, "you DO know that if I say goodbye right now, it might be for ever, right?" and as much as I hated saying that, it's the fact of life and I have to deal with it.
The flight to Melbourne was smooth and easy. Among my best flying experience, actually. Only one CC was a girl, others were guys, but that's not the reason. The food was awesome, the in-flight entertainment was acceptable (because they have SIA) and the flight was over all good. Or maybe because it only took 3 and a half hour. LOL.
Melbourne was cool, too. Warmer at night than Auckland (obviously), but it was alright. Melbourne is like half Auckland, half Malaysia. We saw 7 Eleven for the first time after nine months (yes New Zealand doesn't have 7 Eleven) and was psyched by it. How lame, I know. When we were about to leave Tullamarine Airport (Melbourne) I started to miss Auckland so fucking bad. I miss the weather. I miss the food. I miss how there are not much people at the airport (or in the streets, for that matter). I miss Auckland, really.
Then the Air Asia flight happened. 20 minutes (I actually believe that it was 30 minutes) delay for boarding annoyed the heck out of me. I guess the heat really got me. I started to lose my sanity (read: patience). Then I got the worst seat in the world; right in front of the toilet. The smell of poop and pee made me want to throw up. And it was an eight hour flight, so I really had to gather myself to survive the flight. But the moment Captain Saifful Bahri said we're about to land soon, I tried to look from the window next to the girl in front of me and I saw the land of Malaysia.
Home.
I thought I couldn't be happier. Touchdown, I was whispering to myself, "ALHAMDULILLAH, ALHAMDULILLAH. I'm home. Malaysia. Home. Alhamdulillah, finally". I was really glad and touched. When the CC in charge said "To all Malaysians, welcome home", I almost burst into tears. That moment was really big for me. I'm welcomed home. I seriously miss Malaysia. Like every time I saw the montage of Malaysia Truly Asia in Auckland, I have this feeling of wanting to burst into tears. Exactly like what happened yesterday.
I waited for my luggage (let's skip that part because it took 1 and a half hour, god!), and Nisya told me Naim was already waiting for me. I didn't text him because my cell was out of power. When I pushed my cart out the arrival chamber, I looked for him but he was nowhere to be found. When I finally saw him, it was like a dream. He looked charming (despite the scruff) and I was in love. To be honest, other than that feeling, I felt like killing people because of the heat. -__-" We hugged and went to Klang to have Shihlin.
Post-Shihlin, Naim made a prank call to my mom. He told my mom he needed a place for his girl friend to crash, and he couldn't let her stay at his aunt's because there was no one home (this part was true). My mom went all "berani nya kau bawak anak dara orang dari Ipoh ke Banting". But to her shock, when she opened the door, she saw me. I hugged mum and said "surprise!" and everybody went out. It was a lovely moment (at least for me, lol. They were mad at me for not telling).
So I got home, Shihlin and Naim, and I am so far very content with my life. I admit, I miss Auckland. I miss Bill Rosli and Bill Keating, but like the latter told me, I can't make everything goes to me. If I get something, I have to lose some things.
I planned on a surprise homecoming. Not a surprise leaving, apparently. It took me days to finish packing because the thought of leaving was (is) too hard for me to handle. On the day itself, Till, Sayuri and Bill came to the room to bid adieu. I told Bill, "you DO know that if I say goodbye right now, it might be for ever, right?" and as much as I hated saying that, it's the fact of life and I have to deal with it.
The flight to Melbourne was smooth and easy. Among my best flying experience, actually. Only one CC was a girl, others were guys, but that's not the reason. The food was awesome, the in-flight entertainment was acceptable (because they have SIA) and the flight was over all good. Or maybe because it only took 3 and a half hour. LOL.
Melbourne was cool, too. Warmer at night than Auckland (obviously), but it was alright. Melbourne is like half Auckland, half Malaysia. We saw 7 Eleven for the first time after nine months (yes New Zealand doesn't have 7 Eleven) and was psyched by it. How lame, I know. When we were about to leave Tullamarine Airport (Melbourne) I started to miss Auckland so fucking bad. I miss the weather. I miss the food. I miss how there are not much people at the airport (or in the streets, for that matter). I miss Auckland, really.
Then the Air Asia flight happened. 20 minutes (I actually believe that it was 30 minutes) delay for boarding annoyed the heck out of me. I guess the heat really got me. I started to lose my sanity (read: patience). Then I got the worst seat in the world; right in front of the toilet. The smell of poop and pee made me want to throw up. And it was an eight hour flight, so I really had to gather myself to survive the flight. But the moment Captain Saifful Bahri said we're about to land soon, I tried to look from the window next to the girl in front of me and I saw the land of Malaysia.
Home.
I thought I couldn't be happier. Touchdown, I was whispering to myself, "ALHAMDULILLAH, ALHAMDULILLAH. I'm home. Malaysia. Home. Alhamdulillah, finally". I was really glad and touched. When the CC in charge said "To all Malaysians, welcome home", I almost burst into tears. That moment was really big for me. I'm welcomed home. I seriously miss Malaysia. Like every time I saw the montage of Malaysia Truly Asia in Auckland, I have this feeling of wanting to burst into tears. Exactly like what happened yesterday.
I waited for my luggage (let's skip that part because it took 1 and a half hour, god!), and Nisya told me Naim was already waiting for me. I didn't text him because my cell was out of power. When I pushed my cart out the arrival chamber, I looked for him but he was nowhere to be found. When I finally saw him, it was like a dream. He looked charming (despite the scruff) and I was in love. To be honest, other than that feeling, I felt like killing people because of the heat. -__-" We hugged and went to Klang to have Shihlin.
Post-Shihlin, Naim made a prank call to my mom. He told my mom he needed a place for his girl friend to crash, and he couldn't let her stay at his aunt's because there was no one home (this part was true). My mom went all "berani nya kau bawak anak dara orang dari Ipoh ke Banting". But to her shock, when she opened the door, she saw me. I hugged mum and said "surprise!" and everybody went out. It was a lovely moment (at least for me, lol. They were mad at me for not telling).
So I got home, Shihlin and Naim, and I am so far very content with my life. I admit, I miss Auckland. I miss Bill Rosli and Bill Keating, but like the latter told me, I can't make everything goes to me. If I get something, I have to lose some things.
Comments
thanks ((:
nantikan ketibaan aku. hihihi
ahh i love that part 'welcome to malaysia'. hehe.
welcome home! berapa lama you punya cuti babe?
and thanks for the welcome. i got misty eyes everytime people say that to me (':
i'll be here the whole summer break, until my class starts, so that's the end of february (: