Ramadhan kareem!
It's that time of the year again! Ramadhan is simply my (and our family's) favorite month, hands down. Because in this month, apparently, my dad and I argue the least (haha) and we bond better. And yes, all that with me being more than 300km away from home almost 3/4 of the month. Magical, isn't it?
From 2002 to 2009, I'd be home for every first Ramadhan, because Johor is one of the states that declares Awal Ramadhan as a public holiday. And for all I know, on the night of first Ramadhan we would all go to tarawikh, and on the way home we'd either a) stop by a mamak and chill there or b) stop by the groceries store and buy things we thought we'd 'need' for Ramadhan, e.g. milk, butterscotch bread, ice cream. LOL. And we'd chill in the hall till late (I most probably wouldn't sleep till around 3) and still wake up early for suhoor (my super mom, she'd wake up the earliest obviously). Dad would wake us up and we'd all be heading downstairs to sleep in the couch. Hihi.
2008 and 2009 *because we got together after Ramadhan 2007* he was added on to my routines. He'd wake me up for suhoor and we'd text a bit, and sleep afterwards. And the same would be for break fast. But usually in Johor we break our fasts earlier than Perak, so I'll be sure to text him to drive him nuts but he'd stay away from the phone till it's Maghrib at his place. 2010, he'd wake me up before he goes to sleep (around midnight), we'd talk and I'd go down for suhoor. And I'd wake him up for suhoor when I'm up in the morning. For a second, I thought this year it would be different. But Alhamdulillah all's the same.
p.s.: Ramadhan 2007 (Sept 2007) is when I was dumped, right before I met him in December.
p.p.s.: We never really stayed in the same city in Ramadhan (except on few weekends, just so boleh buka sama), so we never got the "kurangkan berdating" advice. Hihihi.
From 2002 to 2009, I'd be home for every first Ramadhan, because Johor is one of the states that declares Awal Ramadhan as a public holiday. And for all I know, on the night of first Ramadhan we would all go to tarawikh, and on the way home we'd either a) stop by a mamak and chill there or b) stop by the groceries store and buy things we thought we'd 'need' for Ramadhan, e.g. milk, butterscotch bread, ice cream. LOL. And we'd chill in the hall till late (I most probably wouldn't sleep till around 3) and still wake up early for suhoor (my super mom, she'd wake up the earliest obviously). Dad would wake us up and we'd all be heading downstairs to sleep in the couch. Hihi.
2008 and 2009 *because we got together after Ramadhan 2007* he was added on to my routines. He'd wake me up for suhoor and we'd text a bit, and sleep afterwards. And the same would be for break fast. But usually in Johor we break our fasts earlier than Perak, so I'll be sure to text him to drive him nuts but he'd stay away from the phone till it's Maghrib at his place. 2010, he'd wake me up before he goes to sleep (around midnight), we'd talk and I'd go down for suhoor. And I'd wake him up for suhoor when I'm up in the morning. For a second, I thought this year it would be different. But Alhamdulillah all's the same.
p.s.: Ramadhan 2007 (Sept 2007) is when I was dumped, right before I met him in December.
p.p.s.: We never really stayed in the same city in Ramadhan (except on few weekends, just so boleh buka sama), so we never got the "kurangkan berdating" advice. Hihihi.
Comments