43. what about now?
One of the things I love about being here is that the availability of my favorite bands' CDs. Now if you've known me well, you'd know that I LOVE collecting CDs despite the fact that today people just download songs and albums off the Net. Well, I'm not gonna act angelic and all, I do those kinds of stuffs too, but definitely NOT on songs/bands/singers I love. If I'm gonna download some Cobra Starship's songs, for example, I'd go to iTunes and download legally. Because that's how I support them.
And CDs. Yes, back to CDs. The reason given above was not the only reason of why I love buying original CDs. I buy them as a reminder of whom do I love. Have you ever given this a thought? Like, you're 40. You've few kids. And one of them suddenly asked you, "Who did you listen to when you were young, mom?". I'd have all the CDs and I can show them. And if by then there are still CD players, I'll play them the CDs. (:
But back in ze hometown, it's not easy to find my favorite bands' albums, regardless of how famous they are. I've spent the whole freakin' two years looking for one of them in Malaysia DUHH. However, when I get here, that particular CD is everywhere! See!
Back to the point, HEY! PRETTY.ODD! And another few examples including Flyleaf's self-titled album and Memento Mori (don't know about the EP - Much Like Falling though), Fightstar's Be Human, ALL imported/special edition/albums of Fall Out Boy's, Cobra Starship's (not saying that there aren't any in Malaysia, you'd just have to search high and low for these two), Lost Prophet's (which is obviously not available in Malaysia, due to the name of the band) and many more!
So my next targets are Jamie Cullum and few others, and IDK, maybe The Misfits, maybe JUST MAYBE some vinyls, just for collection. Heh. I'm crazy like that ;)
My point is, here explicitness almost means nothing. There are no bodies that would filter this and that and rate this and that as 'beyond what the culture can accept' so yeah getting everything is pretty much easy, except for pirated software/CDs/stuffs. I wonder how they managed to do that. Although, for me, this might not be healthy to the development of a child. So yeah, you can bring your child up here, but maybe after he gets 13, or 14 years old.
p.s: I know, by writing almost everything in English, people would lost interest in reading my blog. Guess what? I don't really care that much. I came here with the mission to improve my English from immersion, so I'm going to take every available opportunity in doing so. Kalau tak, baik balik Malaysia je, kan? (: Kthxbai.
p.p.s: I love my camera. I definitely have no regrets in buying it. ♥
And CDs. Yes, back to CDs. The reason given above was not the only reason of why I love buying original CDs. I buy them as a reminder of whom do I love. Have you ever given this a thought? Like, you're 40. You've few kids. And one of them suddenly asked you, "Who did you listen to when you were young, mom?". I'd have all the CDs and I can show them. And if by then there are still CD players, I'll play them the CDs. (:
But back in ze hometown, it's not easy to find my favorite bands' albums, regardless of how famous they are. I've spent the whole freakin' two years looking for one of them in Malaysia DUHH. However, when I get here, that particular CD is everywhere! See!
Hehe please ignore the look.
So my next targets are Jamie Cullum and few others, and IDK, maybe The Misfits, maybe JUST MAYBE some vinyls, just for collection. Heh. I'm crazy like that ;)
My point is, here explicitness almost means nothing. There are no bodies that would filter this and that and rate this and that as 'beyond what the culture can accept' so yeah getting everything is pretty much easy, except for pirated software/CDs/stuffs. I wonder how they managed to do that. Although, for me, this might not be healthy to the development of a child. So yeah, you can bring your child up here, but maybe after he gets 13, or 14 years old.
p.s: I know, by writing almost everything in English, people would lost interest in reading my blog. Guess what? I don't really care that much. I came here with the mission to improve my English from immersion, so I'm going to take every available opportunity in doing so. Kalau tak, baik balik Malaysia je, kan? (: Kthxbai.
p.p.s: I love my camera. I definitely have no regrets in buying it. ♥

Comments