64. This is for my little sister, Ika.
Dear sis,
Making decisions is never easy. I hate having to decide, seriously. I'd rather have somebody deciding for me and go with it.
But when mum asked me to decide for you, dik, it's even harder. Because, as much as we want to admit that we are, we are NOT the same. And I'm not gonna toy with your future like what I did with mine. I always want the best for you, because I love you so freakin' much (I could never say this upfront), but if you've noticed, I've never ignored your want, your desire. Like that time, when I told you 'she' wasn't good for you, i told you she's gonna give you a bad name, but you still wanted to be friends with her, so I let you. Because that's what you wanted. All I know is I'm gonna pick you up when you fall and I'm gonna stand up for you when people say something bad about you. Because that's what sisters do.
You know, you only have two sisters, and I always try to be the best sister you'd ever had, because well, I've always wanted to be a good sister. And I try, really hard, to be one. I stood up for you each time, even when I'm 10,000 miles away. I listened to you, even when I'm busy. EH WHAT AM I CRAPPING ABOUT I'M SUPPOSED TO TALK ABOUT YOUR FUTURE.
You know, you're so damn lucky that mum and dad gave you the chance to choose your own path. OF COURSE, with my help LOL. Back in those days I couldn't even choose. Nobody stood up for me when I wanted to do diploma. And if you can remember, I really wanted to be a computer engineer. That's what I've decided since I was 11. But I had to give up my dream course because of the decision somebody made for me. THAT was one shot I'll never get back, weh. Now I'm in this field, tell me which way should I take to achieve my dream? Sume jalan under renovation. Haha. *But in a way I'm glad I chose this path, at least dapat melayang. Ko tak de la suka sangat pun melayang, kan? So tak kisah sangat. Nanti gua bawak melancong obersi oke? Hehe*
Listen, kid. I've been there. TBH, bukan kau je. Awe pun nak nangis bila sedar this is the time to decide for your future. You're the one sis I love the most! I don't want you to screw your life or do things you don't like! True, mama risau kau tu tak ada degree, but if it's something you love, GO, do it! This is your only shot, babe. Things like this won't come easily. Abaikan stigma orang pasal benda yang kau nak buat ni. Tak kira la, mak pun risau jugak kau kerja menghadap muntah, dll tu. Tapi dah kau suka, lagipun benda suci pun, siapa lagi nak buat kalau bukan kau?
Listen sis, I don't want to waste another drop of tears anymore. And I want you to stop crying too. Kalau gua jadik lu, yes, gua pun sedih sebab the thing you want the most is not in your mum's top 5 favorite things. Tapi bak kata mak, you're 18. You gotta make your own decision. Don't worry, kiddo. Nobody would ever blame you, sebab kitorang semua percaya this is the best thing for you. Kitorang semua doakan lu yang terbaik in whatever you're doing. Kita kan family? (:
Shit, nanges lagi.
p.s: I'm so proud of you because you finally get to do things you like. & so happy that you've decided. You're a big girl now. Good luck sis. I love you (':
Making decisions is never easy. I hate having to decide, seriously. I'd rather have somebody deciding for me and go with it.
But when mum asked me to decide for you, dik, it's even harder. Because, as much as we want to admit that we are, we are NOT the same. And I'm not gonna toy with your future like what I did with mine. I always want the best for you, because I love you so freakin' much (I could never say this upfront), but if you've noticed, I've never ignored your want, your desire. Like that time, when I told you 'she' wasn't good for you, i told you she's gonna give you a bad name, but you still wanted to be friends with her, so I let you. Because that's what you wanted. All I know is I'm gonna pick you up when you fall and I'm gonna stand up for you when people say something bad about you. Because that's what sisters do.
You know, you only have two sisters, and I always try to be the best sister you'd ever had, because well, I've always wanted to be a good sister. And I try, really hard, to be one. I stood up for you each time, even when I'm 10,000 miles away. I listened to you, even when I'm busy. EH WHAT AM I CRAPPING ABOUT I'M SUPPOSED TO TALK ABOUT YOUR FUTURE.
You know, you're so damn lucky that mum and dad gave you the chance to choose your own path. OF COURSE, with my help LOL. Back in those days I couldn't even choose. Nobody stood up for me when I wanted to do diploma. And if you can remember, I really wanted to be a computer engineer. That's what I've decided since I was 11. But I had to give up my dream course because of the decision somebody made for me. THAT was one shot I'll never get back, weh. Now I'm in this field, tell me which way should I take to achieve my dream? Sume jalan under renovation. Haha. *But in a way I'm glad I chose this path, at least dapat melayang. Ko tak de la suka sangat pun melayang, kan? So tak kisah sangat. Nanti gua bawak melancong obersi oke? Hehe*
Listen, kid. I've been there. TBH, bukan kau je. Awe pun nak nangis bila sedar this is the time to decide for your future. You're the one sis I love the most! I don't want you to screw your life or do things you don't like! True, mama risau kau tu tak ada degree, but if it's something you love, GO, do it! This is your only shot, babe. Things like this won't come easily. Abaikan stigma orang pasal benda yang kau nak buat ni. Tak kira la, mak pun risau jugak kau kerja menghadap muntah, dll tu. Tapi dah kau suka, lagipun benda suci pun, siapa lagi nak buat kalau bukan kau?
Listen sis, I don't want to waste another drop of tears anymore. And I want you to stop crying too. Kalau gua jadik lu, yes, gua pun sedih sebab the thing you want the most is not in your mum's top 5 favorite things. Tapi bak kata mak, you're 18. You gotta make your own decision. Don't worry, kiddo. Nobody would ever blame you, sebab kitorang semua percaya this is the best thing for you. Kitorang semua doakan lu yang terbaik in whatever you're doing. Kita kan family? (:
Shit, nanges lagi.
p.s: I'm so proud of you because you finally get to do things you like. & so happy that you've decided. You're a big girl now. Good luck sis. I love you (':
Comments