76. Tu lah. Siapa kata hebat bermuzik tak payah belajar?
I personally think education is really vital. It's not just important, it's vital. And I'm not talking about 'learning from experience' or 'learning by observation'. I am talking about formal education. I strongly believe in formal education. I'm not saying that you HAVE to ace each time, but at least you have to try really hard and study in school/college while you have the chance.
Because I've seen a video of this one Malaysian reggae band (name is kept secret, but it starts with S) singing I'm Yours HORRIBLY, pronunciation-wise. Seriously, dude! I'm not pissed because of anything else but how ignorant he was over the pronunciation. I mean hello you were performing kot, bukan jamming dude, and really you have to sing that way? Seriously if I post that video right now you'll not get what he was singing (unless you look at the video title, of course). I've heard LOTS of reggae songs, but I've never heard anything like this. Because, FOR GOD'S SAKE, it's I'm Yours! Really? You'd have to do that to Jason Mraz? He'd cry you know??
Now I am not saying that he doesn't have any formal education, he probably does, he may even have Masters or a bachelor degree. But didn't your English teacher teach you how to pronounce correctly? At least if not accurately (I was trying to find the right word, but it's somewhere in the air, can't really find it)(yes I've found it, ARTICULATELY), she must have taught you PROPERLY. And don't you feel like appreciating what your teacher has taught you by your singing? Duh.
Anyway, here's a local NZ reggae band, Katchafire. Now I'm not a big fan of reggae (because I have the tendency of feeling like cutting their dreadlocks, although I really like PureVibracion's Mi Gal), but yeah just for the sake of it.

Comments