This is a post full with random facts about Panic! At The Disco
- About Panic!'s second album, Pretty. Odd.:
"[daring] to be optimistically beautiful at a time when sadness and ugliness might have won them easier credibility."wow, thank you, Barry Walters. You put my thought into words, perfectly. Although, I wouldn't describe Panic!'s first album as "embarrassing".
- Brendon Urie (the lead vocalist) was diagnosed with ADHD when he was 12 years old.
- Ryan Ross was the best lyricist (he wrote most of Panic!'s songs in the first couple albums), but he, and by extension Jon Walker, went separate ways from Brendon and Spencer (Smith) because of different musical goals after the second album.
- New Perspective, a song written by Brendon and was on the film Jennifer's Body (which is, ehem, may I add, my favorite movie) was written after their sophomore album, Pretty. Odd. came out. It was the initial sign of which music direction he prefers to go before Ryan and Jon leaves the band.
- Brendon was kicked out of his family when he brought up the intention of quitting high school to commit to the band, but finally graduated in May 2005. He is now 24 years old, so I boleh kawen dengan dia okay. Oktakbaik. Sorry Sarah. Cepatla korang kawen, tak sanggup infatuated with him lagi nih.
- Panic!'s short film The Overture (click for link) addressed the departure of Ryan and Jon.
- Post-departure, Ryan and Jon formed The Young Veins, which is described to be bringing "more rock and roll than flowery" music.
- The exclamation mark in the band's name (Panic! At The Disco) indicates the music feature they brought/bring. In their debut album, A Fever You Can't Sweat Out, their stage set is always very dramatic, dark-circus-themed, but for Pretty.Odd. they dropped the exclamation point and their stage set is a bit nostalgic/romantic.
- The song "Nine in the Afternoon" addressed their difficulties in mustering up for a new record after some time off after their non-stop tour of the first album.
- Most of the song titles in A Fever You Can't Sweat Out are inspired from lines from several movies/literature/novel.
- Critics gave A Fever You Can't Sweat Out pretty much mixed reviews, from 1.5/10 stars to 4/5 stars. But the album was loved fondly by the fans of this band. Pretty.Odd., on the other hand received positive comments from the critics, but was described as 'disappointing' for the band's fans. Their third album, Vices&Virtues so far has received positive feedbacks.
- Vices & Virtues experimented with an iPad to record synthesizer (haha okay this is the funniest fact).
- You live outside Europe? Don't know what to expect for the Vices & Virtues tour? Well here's a hint, Urie was quoted saying "I really miss wearing costumes and makeup," and "I love throwing a big production. I've recently been reading about Tesla coils and I'm trying to figure out how I can get one that sits on the stage and shoots sparks without hurting anybody." So yeah Bill, a must-go concert, if they ever come here for the tour -.- But considering that their song received the second best impression in Australia after UK, they might come after all! :D
- In the Fantastical Bundle of Vices & Virtues, they sent 300 photos in random to the buyers as a surprise gift. I wish I got that :(
On a more personal note, Spencer Smith is the best drummer I have ever heard. Also, I love the vanity in the first album, but in the second album, the songs were perfectly and beautifully composed/written, and the third is just perfect. The range of themes in the third album is wide, but absolute. It is pretty much the best parts of the first and second album being mixed, with some fresh touches too. But the direction of the lyrics is still unclear, but there's always room for improvement, they are still pretty to me.
K some (or most) would just scroll past this post, because they don't really care *cough*Naim*cough*, it's alright, but this is not just something I like, it is something I really care about- knowing what I am getting myself into, analyzing each of their attractions and repulsion factors, weakness and strength. I care about this, and it feels good to have something you really care about. My point is, know what you like, and decide if you really want to care about them, and if they worth your feelings.
K some (or most) would just scroll past this post, because they don't really care *cough*Naim*cough*, it's alright, but this is not just something I like, it is something I really care about- knowing what I am getting myself into, analyzing each of their attractions and repulsion factors, weakness and strength. I care about this, and it feels good to have something you really care about. My point is, know what you like, and decide if you really want to care about them, and if they worth your feelings.



Comments