To those who aren't grateful

I’m so sick of people who aren’t happy with their own government and start questioning them.

I’m not a big supporter of my country’s government, TBH. And I admit, it’s a little bit corrupt. But what isn’t? Tell me. Where in the world is this place where everything’s perfect, not a single thing is fucked up or corrupted?

I started seeing this when I was in high school. I was one of those people who were eager to hear the country’s annual budget announcement. And I always hear out for the education. Today, some people curiously asked where does ALL the government tax goes.

Let me tell you something, bro.

Half of our family are teachers. And I’m going to be one too, whether I like it or not. When I was 14, I started noticing that at least 6 million dollars (okay MYR) was channeled to MARA. EVERY SINGLE YEAR. And what does MARA do? Help US, the Malays to grow. And one of the things MARA does best is educating US, the next generation. The future leaders. My boarding school, half of it runs on government’s money (which is generated by the tax), the other half is our parents’. The other half of government money given to MARA is divided between helping out Malay entrepreneurs and giving scholarships to tertiary students.

And now, here I am, in Auckland, living off the government’s money, once again. The scholarship, which BTW worth more than 60k PER PERSON was totally from the government, which was ONCE AGAIN generated by the tax. I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t because of them, because of the money you guys paid as tax.

Sure, the government is corrupt (sorry for the repeat of word) in some places, but would you PLEASE stop for a while and look on the positive side? The government’s stupid too at times, but would you look around and be FUCKING grateful for what it has brought you to so far? You went to a public school, for fuck’s sake.

I owe the government too much. Our family do. And if you have a family member who is still studying in a public school or school that is funded by the government, or you went to a public university, or you once went to public school, read this carefully: YOU FUCKING OWED THEM TOO. Don’t hate them just because you wanna get off the hook. Just like your parents, whose decisions sometimes you think as absurd, the government gave you much. You wouldn't just hate and judge/disobey your parents, would you?

You can make a change, but just don’t be stupid. Be rational.



Another thing, I WOULD support the opposition if they actually accomplish something big. I mean if they can prove that they could run this country more efficiently (they can start by running their states properly now for example), I would totally vote for them, because I want what's best for the nation. I wouldn't just vote them just because of alllllll the bad things they listed that the current government does. Macam kau nak carik bakal isteri, buat apa carik yang mulut longkang & tak pandai buat kerja kan? Baik carik yang kuat makan tapi pandai masak. I'm still waiting for the proof that they could run the country well. 


I might be 21, but my parents raised me well. You should start seeing things in a bigger picture too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The List.

50. ini entri untuk kau

29. Nikmat dunia