99. The Special Day (:
Alhamdulillah today I think is a very special day. One of the reasons is because I got to eat some good Malaysian food (: Well they're not as awesome as the real Malaysian food, but it's really good. We went to this Majlis Ramah Mesra (kat Hyatt Regency yawww) with the Minister of Tourism, hence the delicious break fasting (:
But what I got most excited about was the host; it was Dato' Mahadzir Lokman. Who doesn't know this man? He can speak seven languages if I am not mistaken (or AT LEAST seven), was an anchor at TV3 and famous as the King of MCs. Some weblog cited that his favorite languages are English, Malay and French (SAME AS ME! Too bad I can't speak French lol) and he's from JB. I look up to him since I was a kid since I am a sucker for someone who can speak many languages FLUENTLY. And today I finally got to meet him! I was a bit starstruck but yeah it went good (hope I had no chocolate brownies on my teeth when I talked to him). Got him to sign me something and we even took a picture with him :D
Dan sila abaikan ketembaman+kepucatan+keterukan postur akibat kekurang keselesaan+ekspresi muka yang keterlaluan (starstruck sampai tak boleh nak senyum betul huhu). Fokus utama adalah Dato' Mahadzir 'Dale' Lokman! :D
And this is what he wrote for me:
"Hawa
Salam sayang
dan jangan ponteng class! (DAMN, THANKS BILL -__-")
*signature*
*something in French*"
Haha now can somebody who knows French translate it for me? Please please pretty please? :D
On another note, the school I went to today is really one of a kind. Saw one kid who's dyslexic but loves reading and writing, instead of learning the usual way dyslexics do; listening and drawing. What amazes me the most is the fact that everybody understood him and supported him. Other kids don't jeer at him neither do they correct him (because that's just the way he writes). I'm wondering what will happen if he had to sit for asTTLe test, though.
Another kid, Sebastian was just cool (for me). And this one kid, his name is Nabil, he's from Singapore and he can speak both Malay and New Zealand English fluently (: Then I saw this kid who has hearing impairment but is really good in sports (he was in cross-country). It's a really cool experience here (: And have I told you, the school ordered A FEW 27' iMacs? HELL YES.
I'm signing off now, since I've to wake up early again tomorrow, but just as a reminder, tomorrow I'll be writing about my tutoring experience I had yesterday and the photo that has got me LOADS of responses from my family :D


Comments